Print the page Add to a Calendar using iCal Share page on Facebook This link opens in a new window Add to Google Calendar This link opens in a new window Share page on Twitter This link opens in a new window
Protecting Children in a Hyper Digital Age (Parent Workshop) In-Person
Did You Know?
- Nearly 43% of kids have been bullied online.
- Only 1 in 10 victims will inform a parent or trusted adult of their abuse.
- 15% of teens using cell phones say that they have received sexually suggestive nude images of someone they know via text.
- 1 in 25 youths received an online sexual solicitation in which the solicitor tried to make contact.
Topics to Be Discussed:
- Dangers children are susceptible to online.
- Teens and sexting.
- Popular apps and how to use them safely.
- Safety settings and restrictions for phones and computers.
- Cell phone monitoring.
- Gaming issues and concerns.
- Building healthy technology in the home.
- Union County Division of Youth Services
- Liz Repking Cyber Safety Consulting Founder
- Assistant Prosecutor Tracy Boyd, Juvenile Unit
Register online at ucnj.org/youth
Sponsored by the Union County Board of County Commissioners, and Union County Department of Human Services.